Saturday, January 31, 2009

Hassan train station, Karnataka

This blog is not chronological. I'm sorry.

We were befriended at the train station by these little boys and their mothers. We thought their mothers were asking for food, or money for food, but really they had food and wanted to make sure we had eaten lunch! They wanted us to take a picture of them so we put lauren's hat and my sunglasses on them. Soon the little boys and our laughter had drawn a crowd of about 100 and the police came with his stick to yell at us. When the train came, the mothers grabbed my hat and had it passed through the crowd through the window into the train and somehow that trick managed to reserve us seats. We ended up giving them both our straw hats and we had to get funny baseball hats in Mysore (no straw hats), and now everybody asks me if I play cricket.

No comments:

Post a Comment